About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Web Engineer to be responsible for the systematic and quantifiable approaches of analyzing, designing, implementing, testing, operation and maintenance of high quality, innovative web application. You will work as part of a team of outstanding developers and QA engineers to define, architect and implement features in the application. You will identify and correct deficiencies and fix errors in code that show as bugs.
The team’s main responsibility is to develop a Web based application, complementary to a family of other UNUM products - iOS and Android applications - playing a substantial and rapidly growing role in the UNUM ecosystem.
If you work with us, especially for the WEB team, you make an impact. Immediately.
We make building a brand easy for creators and companies. 15+ million people use our creative and marketing tools to build their brand and grow their community on Instagram and other social media platforms. UNUM has been featured in publications such as Forbes, Inc, Mashable, and recently was Apple’s App of the Day.
We are a close-knit team of dreamers and doers, who firmly believe in the power and light of storytelling, as a way of preserving culture, as a vehicle for social change, or to simply be heard.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Translate the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code using React and TypeScript
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases, including Firestore
- Ensure performance and quality of the application
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to define and design the application
- Maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Provide prototypes and proof of concepts
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of software development; 2+ years of NodeJS development experience
- Expertize in ReactJS, TypeScript, current Web APIs
- Knowledge of NoSQL database systems, preferably MongoDB and Firestore. Other data storage technologies experience eligible
- Experience with RESTful APIs development
- Hands on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Proficiency in unit and integration testing
- Knowledge and experience in Agile approaches, especially Scrum framework
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual bonus
- Multisport card
- Fully remote
- (Regular) Hackathons